Monday, December 26, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to 'Thompson ConnectEd'.  I've created this blog as a place to provide information for my students, their parents/guardians, and their other teachers.
mossy hairy welcome mat by .scarlet licensed CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0

If you are one of my students through ConnectEd, then the type of course you are taking with me is called a distributed learning, or DL, course.  Distributed Learning is when a student is primarily at a distance from the teacher whether he/she is at home or connected to teachers from another learning facility.  You may be doing all of your courses through ConnectEd (ie all DL), or you may be doing one or two DL courses through ConnectEd and the rest of your courses in a district middle or high school.  Regardless, doing DL courses can be challenging.  One of the keys to success in a DL course is maintaining good communication with your teachers. 

The goal of this blog is to provide you with the information you need to be successful and to remind you of the many ways that you can access me for help.  I hope you find the information I post here useful, and please feel free to leave comments or contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Claire Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear once they have been approved by the blog owner. Spam comments or comments obviously devised to direct traffic to another site will not be approved.